I DoToday.com - I  Do Today and Forever More...
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Your wedding ceremony-Your Day, Your Way!!
How to choose a officiant for your LGBTQ wedding ceremony
LGBT Wedding- Wedding Officiant Thoughts

The Wedding Shower
Wedding
Wedding Dress
powered by

My Blog

White Wedding Dress or Not this is the question for you to answer

The White Wedding Dress, it has been anticipated by you since you were a young girl. Images of long flowing, lacy, trailed white dress which will only be worn by you on your Wedding Day. Afterwards to be cleaned and stored till who knows when. The white wedding dress hasn't always been the tradition. Previous to the marriage of Queen Victoria to Prince Albert in 1840, it was not uncommon and more traditional to wear black or heavy brocaded fabric dresses. A bride's choice of colored wedding dresses are readily available and some will choose a color to break tradition, second marriage and bottom line they just feel prettier in a color verse the "traditional" white wedding dress.

Skimming the articles for this 2014 wedding season, white on white for this summer is taking a new revival, leading me to this blog entry. Very often we are seek "tradition" without understanding where the "tradition" came from or feeling like we need to conform because it's "tradition" to so by choosing a white wedding dress.

Previous to our times there were limited laundry techniques, laces, fabrics (especially the color of the fabics), obtaining fabrics from forgien regions  and the expense of the fabric, to list a few obstacles that the bride and the seamstress were challenged with when designing the "wedding dress". After Queen Victoria set predence with her long veil, trailed, lacy wedding dress, many American and European families of money saw this as a status symbol for the bride to be able to afford and wear a white dress on their wedding day. It was a way to show the bride's weath.

Today, it has become a "Western wedding routine, especially in the Christian religious tradition.." .

I think a bride should choose the best fitting color for her as a person, style and a expression of her personality. If white is all you have ever dreamed about then do it! Yet, remember traditions have always started somewhere for some reason and don't always match our understandings and beliefs for you today. This make us unique. So before you choose or settle for white at least try on a color, then make the final decision for you , White Wedding Dress or Not.

White Wedding, on wikipedia has a great article on this subject (referencing the history of the white wedding day)

I always encourage your thoughts and comments, Jacqueline Soares
Idotoday wedding officiant.

17 Comments to White Wedding Dress or Not this is the question for you to answer:

Comments RSS
loemrntdherid1 on Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:56 AM
It was very useful for me.

assignment help uk on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:28 AM
Very good blog.It gave me knowledge also and kept my interest ticking in it.Well I believe there should come a change and the wedding dress colors should be given more options..

australian writings on Friday, June 29, 2018 5:44 AM
Some of the older celebrities must be doing a similar thing to be the best. Some have speculated that something like this is a really nice possibility.

svchost.exe (n on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:40 AM
it is easy to start the process to scan all the systems, run the squost high and always have to find all the running programs to show the power.
Reply to comment

https://bestwritingclues.com/reviews/assignmentmasters-co-uk-review/ on Thursday, November 1, 2018 1:38 AM
It is the bride's prerogative to choose which color of wedding dress she should wear. However, if the couple is going for a traditional wedding, the only appropriate color for the occasion is a white wedding dress for the bride and a black tuxedo for the groom. They can go to town when it comes to the color motif of their special day. I attended a wedding recently at the top of the mountain in Colorado. It was cold and we expected that. But we didn't anticipate that it would snow on the morning of the wedding. We were so cold but the moment was undeniably romantic as snow was falling while the couple was saying their vows. Definitely worth feeling the cold to see two nice people finally making it official.

Monika on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:49 AM
It's very interesting. I needed to write my dissertation before wedding, so I couldn't imagine how i will find free time to choose my beatifull wedding dress. But https://express-essays.com/articles/critical-essay-writing help me and i can't belive that i have time to get ready for my wedding.

transformationalhandwriting.com on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 5:56 AM
Art is a way of communication I feel, and these advanced ART class completing the mural project. It is really interesting to know that you all chose to paint iconic American women. I hope this painting will be uploaded. Thank you for sharing this post.

totallytransport on Tuesday, January 1, 2019 5:26 AM
O yes it is the most anticipated topic for every girl almost.I read it completely and it so nice.Share some more topics related weddings.Thanks for sharing this.

John Wright on Friday, January 11, 2019 12:18 AM
Thanks for giving me the useful information. I think I need it! iTube mobileuncle tools google installer

Djamaluddin Tanoto and Limiwaty Lie on Sunday, January 13, 2019 8:08 PM
Kisah ini menghibur saya. Banyak kaum muda yang teini ke 16 Jual besi cnp undangan pernikahan animasi Harga Plat Bordes Kembang Pabrik Besi H beam Baja Pabrik Plat Bordes harga besi beton psi Ulir Polos Distributor Besi Beton Distributor Besi Beton Jual baja ringan www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan cantik Harga Plat Besi Hitam Distributor Atap Spandek Distributor Bondek Cor harga besi beton perwira Harga Besi Beton Harga Besi Beton Jual bondek harga besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan cantik elegan sewa villa bukit danau Harga Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Supplier Atap Spandek Harga Bondek Cor harga besi beton PAS Jual Besi Beton Jual Besi Beton Jual Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Harga bondek undangan pernikahan cetak Harga Jual Besi Siku Baja Agen Atap Spandek Jual Bondek Cor harga besi beton master steel ms Supplier Besi Beton Supplier Besi Beton Jual besi siku harga wiremesh undangan pernikahan custom Harga Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Toko Atap Spandek Supplier Bondek Cor harga besi beton ksty Toko Besi Beton Toko Besi Beton Jual pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Harga pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan bagus Harga Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Jual Atap Spandek Toko Bondek Cor harga besi beton krakatau steel Agen Besi Beton Agen Besi Beton Jual Plat besi harga besi hollow undangan pernikahan anime Harga Besi Hollow Harga Atap Spandek Agen Bondek Cor harga besi beton jcac Pabrik Besi Beton Pabrik Besi Beton Jual besi h beam harga besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan aneh Harga Wiremesh Pabrik Atap Spandek Pabrik Bondek Cor harga besi beton interworld steel is

my dad essay on Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:35 AM
It's very interesting. I needed to write my dissertation before wedding, so I couldn't imagine how i will find free time to choose my beautiful wedding dress. But Express-essays help me and i can't believe that i have time to get ready for my wedding.

programming homework help on Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:40 AM
Your music and fun choice is fantastic and appreciated your effort of talking on this topic in such classic writing services style.Good to see this post.Thanks a lot.

Twitter on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 8:12 PM
I have read that all the comments and suggestions published by the visitors of this article are very good. We will wait for your next article, just thanks! and visit our service page Twitter

picbear on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:45 AM
Thank You! For sharing such a great article. If you are looking for printer support, visit here.picbear

earn free xbox live codes on Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:05 AM
If you use Edge regularly, don't forget to search with Bing and complete specials so you can close your membership easily.

hannah on Thursday, March 26, 2020 7:20 AM
Thank you for posting this wonderful article. I do always love a blog like this especially if it's talk about this major content belive me i go for 123movies unblocked When you choose the competition, you may not be getting the newest and latest episodes and movies. Have you ever heard of a brand new film that just came out, went to a free movie site, and found it unavailable? This happens quite frequently with our competition. Free movie sites have a way of getting blocked or shut down periodically. You’ve probably heard of 123moviesgo or gomovies123, which used to be highly popular and no longer work

Get into Pc on Monday, June 8, 2020 4:41 AM
Get into Pc free download all software.